Friday, April 2, 2010

Octagon Tower

My next project to talk about is a Hirst Arts building. I purchased the starter mold at GenCon a couple of years ago and it sat on the shelf in my bathroom for a few months before I worked up the courage to actually do anything with it. It was intimidating at first since I didn't want to make any bad blocks and I didn't have the really good plaster that I kept reading about on the messages boards. After getting a half bucket of regular plaster of paris and biting the bullet to begin, it was actually quite easy. The hardest part? Well that would be the sheer number of times you have to cast each mold to make the required number of pieces. Also I didn't get the extra mold I needed to complete the tower. After receiving that as a birthday present the following year I was finally able to do something with all those blocks I had been creating. My first project was the Octagon Tower with mold's 63 and 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment